St Mary, Mariansleigh

Brief history of the Church of St Mary

The main part of the church was built in about 1250, probably replacing an oratory that was built approximately 600AD. About 1500 the church was enlarged and has since undergone several restorations, the major last rebuilding taking place in the mid-1930s, following a devastating fire. The fire destroyed the interior of the church but the tower and the porch were able to be saved.

Address

Church Gate
Mariansleigh
Devon
EX36 4LN

Churchwardens

Mrs Thelma Avery
Mr Richard Govier

Accessibility

Our Building

Music and Worship

Groups, Courses and Activities

Help for Visitors

Wheelchair accessible parking

Car parking

 

Stained glass

Listed building

 

Bell ringing

Organ

Sunday school

Guidebook/notes

Church open