St Peter, Twitchen

Brief History of the Church of St Peter

The first church in Twitchen was erected in medieval times and was rebuilt in 1844 by John Tapp, Churchwarden, with the exception of the fifteenth century tower and the three bells. The church contains its original Norman font. The stone column that can be seen inside the entrance gate to the churchyard was originally located within the church surmounted by a cross.

Address

Mill Steep
Twitchen
South Molton
EX36 3LS

Churchwarden

Mr Graham White

Accessibility

Our Building

Music and Worship

Help for Visitors

 

 

Stained glass

Listed building

Bell ringing

Organ

Church open